Monday, December 31, 2012

For the New Year

For hours, I've been pondering resolutions for the New Year.  What have I learned since this time last year? How have my values changed?

Because I'm someone who so longs to try new things and learn new skills, I'm finding that I own a lot of stuff.  An array of crochet needles, tea assortments, sewing materials and tools, gardening supplies, art supplies, cooking utensils, dried foods, plants, ... and on, and on.

And I keep acquiring more in a vain attempt to simplify my life.  Purchase, purchase, purchase.

Which leads me to my single, simple goal for this upcoming year - find ways to make do with what I already have.  Sell what I don't need; borrow rather than buy when I can.  Cut my possessions back to necessities so that I might find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment